[imp] local mail and mbox' From-line

Daan Mervielde daan.mervielde at skynet.be
Mon Feb 10 21:33:19 PST 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 10:27:32AM -0700, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> That initial "From " line is not generated by IMP/Horde.  It is your
> local mailserver that is adding it.
>
> IMP does not generate the "Delivery-Date" line either FWIW.

Yeah, that was my idea at first exactly. But since the mail was local, I
thought there maybe was an exception.

Anyways, how would you explain the fact that the date part of the "From
" line depends on the language you choose when you log in to horde?
E.g., when I choose French, the name of the day and month will be in
French, when I choose Dutch, it will be in Dutch etc. Where does that
connection come from? How come the imap server seems to be aware of the
language I choose when sending *local* mail with imp/horde (and it only
happens with imp/horde, not when sending mail with a `normal' mailclient
such as Mozilla)?