[imp] javascript problem with messages that guess MIME type...

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Mon Feb 10 21:30:42 PST 2003

> Are you using the executable 'file' program also?  Does your 'file' command
> produce output compatible with the code in MIME_Magic::analyze()?

Maybe I have a busted file executable or Microsoft changes something on me?

>file -i /tmp/guest_list.xls
file: Using regular magic file `/usr/share/magic.mime'
/tmp/guest_list.xls: data

This is the line in my magic.mime file
2080    string  Microsoft\ Excel\ 5.0\ Worksheet    application/vnd.ms-excel

Maybe MIME_Magic could handle the situation where it can't tell what type of
file it is dealing with.  Now why my "file" executable won't tell me that the
file is an Excel file is beyond me.

Amith