[imp] Attachment problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 11 09:20:43 PST 2003

Quoting srikarreddy kasarla <srikarreddyk at yahoo.com>:

> Hello,
>
>       when i am trying to attach a bigger file, the
> compose page is failing with "Page Cannot be
> displayed".

Common problem.

>     Is there any way to change the maximum attachment
> size in the IMP+horde.

No, this is done in php or your web server, and your mail server.
Could also be something like disk space  or quota issues...

> I made changes to php.ini file.

Which changes?  See the faq at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/ for info.

Most likely your problem is in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.ini which limits
posts (and hence IMP attachments) to 512k.  Edit this file and change
the size of LimitRequestBody to something larger than 512k.

> do i have to make any changes in the postfix and Cyrus
> too.

You may need to make changes to postfix to actually send the attachments.
But it sounds like you have the problem when you are uploading them,
which means postfix is not yet an issue.

Install the Passwd module (http://www.horde.org/passwd/).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics