[imp] About php

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechanus.org
Tue Feb 11 11:45:47 PST 2003

 | ----- Message from edwardspl at ita.org.mo ---------
 |     Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:59:23 +0800
 |     From: edwardspl at ita.org.mo
 |  Subject: [imp] About php
 |       To: IMP <imp at lists.horde.org>
 |
 | Hello,
 |
 | We are using IMP 3.1, but we want to know how many ( MB ) memory does
 | php require ?
 |
 | Thank for your telling !
 |
 | Edward.

Ummm... depends what you are doing in general with PHP. if it's just for
Horde/IMP, I've found that estimating 2MB per *concurrent* user on Apache and
64MB for PHP is quite sufficient (but then again, I only have about 30 or 40
users tops banging on this server, so YMMV). I would have at least double the
memory size for PHP as your max_post_size and max_upload - just in case two
people are trying to attach something to their messages.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
A wise man has doubts even in his best moments. Real truth is always
accompanied by hesitations. If I could not hesitate, I could not believe. -