[imp] Virtual domain support

Bruno Negrao imp-bnegrao at engepel.com.br
Wed Feb 12 10:17:03 PST 2003

 1 - In /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, create 1 virtual host for each domain,
example:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.39.1:80

<VirtualHost 192.168.39.1:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/horde/imp
    ServerName webmail.velonorte.com.br
    Alias /horde/ /var/www/html/horde/
    ErrorLog logs/webmail.velonorte-error_log
    CustomLog logs/webmail.velonorte-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.39.1:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/horde/imp
    ServerName webmail.dcml.com.br
    Alias /horde/ /var/www/html/horde/
    ErrorLog logs/webmail.dcml-error_log
    CustomLog logs/webmail.dcml-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

(remember to restart httpd after changes!!)

2  -  in ~imp/config/servers.php create one entry for each virtual host,
example:

$servers['imap_1'] = array(
    'name' => 'Servidor Velonorte',
    'server' => 'mailgw.cvsa.egp',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => '',
    'smtphost' => 'mailgw.cvsa.egp',
    'realm' => 'velonorte.egp',
    'preferred' => 'webmail.velonorte.com.br'
);

$servers['imap_2'] = array(
    'name' => 'Servidor DCML',
    'server' => 'mailgw.dcmlbh.egp',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => '',
    'smtphost' => 'mailgw.dcmlbh.egp',
    'realm' => 'dcmlbh.egp',
    'preferred' => 'webmail.dcml.com.br'
);

You can add as much as you want. The 'preferred' field contains the same url
that you specified in httpd.conf-ServerName. Based on the URL IMP the user
used, IMP can choose the right server to authenticate that user.

3  -  In the file ~imp/conf.php, put the value 'hidden' on the following
setting:
/**
 ** Mail Server Settings
 **/
// Should we display a list of servers (defined in config/servers.php)
// for users to choose from? The options are 'shown', 'hidden', and
// 'none'. If the server list is hidden then you can use the
// 'preferred' mechanism to auto-select from it based on an HTTP
// virtualhost or another piece of data. If it is shown, the user will
// be able to pick from any of the options. If none, no server list
// will be shown and the defaults will be used unless another
// mechanism changes them.
// BNEGRAO - 31/01/2003
$conf['server']['server_list'] = 'hidden';

I think that's all. Tell me if I'm missing something.

Bruno.