[imp] About php

RuneImp rune at imptech.net
Wed Feb 12 04:07:55 PST 2003

YMMV = Your Millage May Vary

I wouldn't even consider using PHP on anything lower than a
Pentium II 300 with 64MB of RAM. Server side scripting is much
more CPU & memory intensive than compiled applications. It's
no big deal on a PIII-450 or better but going much lower than
a PII 300 is going to severely impact your servers performance.
I'd also suggest using at least 128 MB of RAM. Anything bellow
what I've mentioned above and it is very likey you will only
ever have slow performance. Hell, even a PII 300 is VERY slow
by todays standards for anything. Especially a mail server
running a web interface via server side scripting. Unless you
upgrade your server your simply not going to get the
performance you seem to be expecting.

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design & Hosting
http://imptech.net