[imp] problem using mysql

Dean Guenther guenther at wsu.edu
Wed Feb 12 18:19:51 PST 2003

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the address book, calendar and mnemo
working with mysql.

I've setup the mysql database and I ran horde's mysql_create.sql (after
changing the password as shown). After that the database does show up:

mysql> select * from db;

+-----------+--------------+-----------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+------------+-----------------+------------+------------+
| Host      | Db           | User      | Select_priv | Insert_priv |
Update_priv | Delete_priv | Create_priv | Drop_priv | Grant_priv |
References_priv | Index_priv | Alter_priv |
+-----------+--------------+-----------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+------------+-----------------+------------+------------+

| localhost | horde        | horde     | Y           | Y           |
Y           | Y           | Y           | Y         | N          |
N               | N          | N          |
+-----------+--------------+-----------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+------------+-----------------+------------+------------+

I then ran all of

./turba/scripts/drivers/turba.sql
./kronolith/scripts/drivers/kronolith.sql
./mnemo/scripts/drivers/mnemo_memos.sql
./nag/scripts/drivers/nag_tasks.sql

Now when I try to "add" something to the address book I get:

  Failed to connect to the specified directory.

and if I try and create a memo I get:

[mnemo] DB Error: connect failed:  [nativecode=Access denied for user:
'horde at localhost' (Using password: YES)] ** Array [on line 86 of
"/hostlocal/www/htdocs/horde/mnemo/lib/Driver/sql.php"]

I'm sure I didn't set something up right in mysql.
Any ideas?? -- Dean

--
Dean Guenther <guenther at wsu.edu>
Washington State University