[imp] Connecting IMP to Exchange

Martijn Kools martijn.kools at victorholland.nl
Thu Feb 13 09:46:05 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm using Horde/IMP and all other plugins for some time now.
(For testing purposes).
I recently installed a production system on one of our servers at work.
Problem is, that our main mailserver is an Exchange 2000 Server.
I know it sucks but my boss wants it :)

I configured imp's servers.php and changed the imap server localhost setting
to the Exchange Server imap4.
It works great, i can read all my e-mails from the exchange server.

One problem:

I have to login with DOMAIN/username/mailboxalias otherwise Exchange 2000
won't accept my authentication.
When i'm sending mail through imp, the user recieving the e-mail will see as
sendername:

from: DOMAIN/username/mailboxalias at domain.nl

Due to this problem (i think), no mails are reaching the internet, only
internal sending works.

Is there any way to configure imp so that i only have to fill in my username
and he
automaticlly adds domain and mailboxname?
Or is there any other way to connect to the exchange server and use the
local linux imap server
for authentication and sending and recieving emails?

Thanks in advance.

Martijn Kools