[imp] Re: [horde] SQL/VFS and oci8?

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Feb 13 14:54:19 PST 2003

> > I don't suppose that anyone's tried to get the SQL based VFS backend
> > working with oracle?
> >
> > I'm thinking that Oracle's whole LOB handling will get in the way..
>
> This is what horde/lib/SQL.php is for. This all works, or did when I tested
> it on my laptop when I did some of the original VFS work.

Nifty keen!  I'll look at it.  We're looking at better ways to do load
balancing and our current idea is to switch from individual server names
to one name serviced by many machines, with a SQL based session cache.
The concerns I'd come up with were attachement handling for IMP, and other
tasks that potentially generate temp files... IMP's spell check and other
things handled outside of PHP (mostly mime handler stuff).

The only one that's important (really) is spell checking.  Does IMP just
pipe things to a (i|a)spell, or does it create a temp file that has to
persist for the duration of the spell check?

Liam