[imp] SSL + Opera 6.11 on Linux = popup windows must be refreshed

Ben Ostrowsky ostrowb at tblc.org
Thu Feb 13 14:56:54 PST 2003

Here's an interesting problem I haven't yet solved:

When I use Opera 6.11 on Linux, and log into IMP 3.1 with SSL, most things function normally, but when I click Compose or click on an attachment to view it, the resulting popup window is empty.

The server's logs show that no page is actually being requested.  However, if I manually reload/refresh the window, the requested attachment (or message composition window) is displayed.

Since the request never reaches the server, the only thing IMP (or Horde) could possibly have to say about this is the JavaScript/ECMAscript code that launches a popup window.  I don't know enough about that to say if that's the case.

However, if I log in through the non-SSL version of the same installation, everything works just fine.

The server is Apache 1.3.27 + openssl 0.9.7 + PHP 4.3.0 + PEAR 1.0.1 + Horde 2.2.1 on SuSE 8.1.

So maybe it's a problem in Opera.  I don't know.

In any case, I've 'solved' the problem by using the non-SSL version of the webmail system; that workaround will help for now.

Any ideas here, folks?

Ben