[imp] Attachment Problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 13 15:09:18 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting srikarreddy kasarla <srikarreddyk at yahoo.com>:
>
> |    How can i change this(Base64 encoding), so that my
> | attachments works at corrct size.
>
> You can't.  Base64 encoding is necessary to ensure that binary data is
> successfully transmitted via all email systems.

Correct, of course, as stated.

But, perhaps the files are being upload wrong, and the base64 isn't an
issue.  If so, well, there must be a solution, though no one has found one
yet.  But again, this is very rare.  We've not yet determined if this
case is an error or an observation.

Also, if your php doesn't have mime-magic in it, and you didn't configure
Horde/IMP to use the file command to find the file type, then it may be
base64 encoding files that don't need to be (sending as
application/octet-stream for no reason).  But I think mime-magic is only
in more recent php versions, and the Horde "file" support only in Head?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!