[imp] help needed removing 4.2.2

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 14 09:48:28 PST 2003

Quoting srikarreddy kasarla <srikarreddyk at yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
>   i am using Redhat 8.0 which is shipped with apache
> 2.0.40 and php 4.2.2.

That should work.

>   I have so many problems sending attachments with the
> current php 4.2.2.

Probably not related to php.

>   Now i want to remove the php 4.2.2 and install
> 4.3.0.

Just do an upgrade (rpm -Uhv php*.rpm)

>   can anyone help me how can go with that.

I have made available some unsupported php 4.3.0 rpms for RH 8.0 on i686
at https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/  which you can try if you want.
They are for apache 2.0.43 which I've also made available there.  ***BUT***
there is a hitch -- they currently require an mcrypt and mhash library
on your machine which RH doesn't ship (soon I hope to rebuild the RPMS
and make mcrypt/mhash seperate rpms, but have not done this yet.  So if
you want to use these, you need to install mcrypt and mhash also.  I used
the mcrypt/mhash (for RH 7.x, but work on RH 8.x also) from
http://rpms.arvin.dk/

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics