[imp] Failure writing session files?

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 14:46:15 PST 2003

I've suddenly started getting messages like this when trying to login
(HEAD branch):

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the
current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on
line 0

Trying again leads to

Warning: Session object destruction failed in
/usr/local/www/mail/data/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 148

and a repeat of the first warning. It started a few days ago after a
server reboot, but seemed to settle down. But now it's back with a
vengeance and I can't log in at all. Any pointers? I've tried making
local changes to session.save_path (using a php_value directive in a
.htaccess file) but get the same message whatever session.save_path
value I have set.
--
Chris Hastie