[imp] Fwd: changes

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 16 12:45:45 PST 2003

Quoting Chris Hastie <lists at oak-wood.co.uk>:

> >> All I want to do is change "Welcome to Horde" at the login page.  Where
> can
> >> I find this code?
> >
> >See http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c4 and
> >http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c5 and maybe even
> >http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c6
> >
> This is not necessarily the easiest way to change the particular text in
> question, not in the current HEAD branch any way, because the phrase is
> made up of two parts - the translation of "Welcome to" and a registry
> lookup.

Been that way for years.

> The code is in templates/login/login.inc Shannon, and looks like this
> (in HEAD anyway):
>
> <?php printf(_("Welcome to %s"), (Auth::getProvider() == 'imp') ?
> $registry->getParam('name', 'horde') : $registry->getParam('name')) ?>
>
> personally, I've changed it to:
>
> <?php printf(_("Welcome to %s"), $GLOBALS['SERVER_NAME'] )?>

Which you may think was easier now, but how about when you go to upgrade?
It may be very difficult to main code changes like that as you upgrade.

The real answer is that he didn't provide enough info for us to give
a "best" or "easiest" answer...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics