[imp] Autocomplete option in $conf[]

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Mon Feb 17 03:20:05 PST 2003

Hi,
I'm writting about the 'autocomplete=off' parameter that can be inside
a <form> tag.
I know that using autocomplete is not xhtml compliant, but since many
modern internet browser have the availability to save users's passwords
in public computers, I think this issue must be configurable in the file
/imp/config/conf.php following a big warning that enabling it will
result is
a non xhtml compliant page.

Since many modern internet browser understant the autocomplete parameter,
I propose a simple solution to it.

1. add this variable in /imp/config/conf.php
// Warning: enabling this variable will result in a non xhtml compliant page
// $conf['login_form_parm'] = 'autocomplete="off"';
$conf['login_form_parm'] = '';

2. edit this file in /imp/templates/login/login.inc
<form action="<?php echo Horde::applicationUrl('redirect.php') ?>"
method="post" name="implogin" <?php echo $conf['login_form_parm']; ?> >

I think that in the case of public computers, this is a security issue
when the public
computer is not configured properly.

What do you think about it?

Oliver