[imp] smtp gateway

rodneys at lodging.com rodneys at lodging.com
Wed Feb 19 08:58:51 PST 2003

Hello:

I'm using Horde 2.1, IMP 3.1 on Tru64 Digital UNIX.

In the horde.php, I have configured the following below for my IMP server
sending all outbound email to my antivirus server; however, the email's headers
has not indicated that it went through the antivirus gateway server. Please
analyze (mailgate is the antivirus gateway server):

/**
 ** Mailer
 **/

// What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
// currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

// An array holding any parameters that the Mail object will need to
// function correctly. For sendmail, this is mainly the sendmail_path
// option; SMTP requires at least a server and a port (if nonstandard).
// If you want to use SMTP authentication, set the 'auth' parameter
// to 'true' (without quotes).
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
// $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' => '/usr/lib/sendmail');
 $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'mailgate.lodging.com');