[imp] Setting MIME type on outgoing attachments

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Thu Feb 20 13:13:20 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with Horde/IMP not setting the Mime Type
correctly for certain types of attachments on outgoing mail only. It seems
that for .tar, and .doc (among others, however .jpg works fine) the mime
type get set to application/octet-stream.

I'm using Horde v2.2.1 and IMP 3.1 with PHP 4.2.3. What's odd, is that on
incoming attachments with these mime types, Horde 'does the right thing'
and displays them correctly. I'm using wvware as well.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'd be happy to provide any
configuration snippets of course.

Thanks very much.

-mp

--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about
human nature that the only life we have created so far is purely destructive.