[imp] MIME type not set, and empty browser window

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ucc.ie
Tue Feb 25 14:30:41 PST 2003

 Not sure they are bugs or configuration/browser related. I have tried both
 netscape 4.80 and mozilla (cvs).

 Whenever I send email from imp and attach a file, the MIME type field in the
 compose window remains empty, and in the received message, the MIME type is
 always application/octet-stream. This happens with file types that should be
 recognised (Word, pdf). What should I check?

 Second, if I try to view e.g. a pdf file, a new, empty browser window opens,
 but the file is downloaded and loaded into acroread. There should be no
 additional window.