[imp] mail.yahoo-esque "Block HTML graphics in email messages from being downloaded" functionality?

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Tue Feb 25 13:03:03 PST 2003

> Apparently, Yahoo just added the ability to turn off "img src" tags in HTML
> email (letting you turn it back on per-message when you think the message is
> safe).
>
> Would it be worthwhile considering adding similar functionality to IMP?

I think this would be a great idea...  To go one step further, there should be a
config option to do this except for people in your addressbook.  So if someone
you don't know sends you an e-mail then the images are blocked.  However if you
know them and they are in your addressbook, you show the HTML as is.  This is a
feature that Evolution has which I really like.  Of course implementing this is
beyond me :)

Amith