[imp] BCC bug in CVS-HEAD

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Wed Feb 26 23:57:23 PST 2003

--On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 11:46 PM -0500 Jeff Tucker
<jeff at jltnet.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have imp CVS-HEAD from just a day or two ago.
>
> If a message is sent where all of the recipients are in the BCC field,
> imp moves the recipients to the To field and sends the message with all
> of the recipients visible.

To follow up my own post, it's clear that this behavior is caused by the
following code in compose.php:

    if ($conf['compose']['allow_bcc']) {
        $f_bcc = _formatAddr(Horde::getFormData('bcc',
_getAddressList('bcc')));
        if (empty($f_to) && empty($f_cc)) {
            $f_to = $f_bcc;
            $f_bcc = null;
        }
    }

Is there a reason for this besides just policy? Occasionally I want to
email four people something but not share their email addresses with each
other. In cases like this, I'll just put all four in the BCC and send the
email. Currently, Horde silently moves them to the To: line and exposes the
addresses.

imp allows us to send mail with an empty To: line if there is something in
the CC, so it can't be a limitation of sending mail without a To:. Is there
anything wrong with simply removing the code above?

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff Tucker