[imp] IMAP folders with >9555 Messages...

lst_hoe at kwsoft.de lst_hoe at kwsoft.de
Thu Feb 27 21:32:59 PST 2003

Zitat von "Gerhard W. Recher" <hostmaster at netpilot.net>:

> Hi @All
>

> is where a limitation on the # of messages in a Imap folder ?

You have a limit how usable your mailboxs is depending on the IMAP-Server which
such number of messages. Don't know about a hardcoded limit.
We have done some tests with up to 20.000 msg./mailbox for Cyrus with XFS
filesystem on standard PC-Hardware and IMP. No problem expect for awful slow
search.

> i greped through imap200b header files and all hore/imp files but i do not
> found anything.
>
> if i create a rule to move out messages from this big folder in another
> folder, imp will show me in the original folder deleted messages...
>
> ... but if you now say purge them !, nothing happens after a long
> while.... but the destination folder has been populatet with exakt these
> selectet messages out of the rule.
>
> .. have i missed something ?

Depends on how you setup your rule. In IMAP delete most ot the times mean "mark
as deleted" and you need to "expunge" or "compress" the folder to delete the
files.

Regards

Andreas