[imp] Still having IMP Problem

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Tue Mar 4 16:45:23 PST 2003

Hi Jan and others,

I too am having this problem, and I'd like to add my experiences in the
hopes that it can be recreated.

I used the patch to upgrade instead of the tarball, perhaps this is a
factor?

Also, when changing:

if ($registry->getMethod('auth/logout') == 'imp' &&
!$imp['direct_access']) {

if ($registry->getMethod('auth/logout') == 'imp') {

it 'fixes' the errors in php.log of course, but the problem that then
occurs is that when a user logins in, then logs out and tries to login in
again, they get a Horde screen with only the Options and Logout icons.
(Not sure if this is relevent, but I thought I'd include it.)

Once again, this problem started for me as soon as I applied the IMP
3.1-3.2 patch. Here are the relevent stats on my system:

Horde: 2.2.1 (also upgraded with the patch)
IMP: 3.2
PHP: 4.2.3

Of course, I'd be more than happy to provide additional info upon request.
Thanks for everything you guys do...

-mp

* Hobbs, Richard (hobbs at mongeese.co.uk) [030303 02:26] spake thusly:
> Hello,
>
> I'm still receiving the following error on my screen, when viewing any IMP page:
>
> Notice: Undefined index: direct_access in
> /hsphere/local/home/fishspon/webmail.mongeese.co.uk/horde/imp/templates/menu/menu.inc
> on line 53
>
> Does anyone know what's causing it yet? or how i can fix it? While IMP still
> works fine, it is rather annoying.... lol
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running IMP 3.2.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.
>
> --
> Richard Hobbs
> hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
> http://mongeese.co.uk | http://fishsponge.co.uk
>
> "There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about
human nature that the only life we have created so far is purely destructive.
We've created life in our own image. -Steven Hawking