[imp] new install trouble

Christian Reeves creeves at kua.net
Wed Mar 5 17:23:07 PST 2003

I just installed horde / IMP and I am getting an error when trying to
use it through the test page. Im very new to this and even newer to PhP
but I think horde is a great creation.
I am using:
RedHat8.0
PhP 4.1.2
CourierIMAP 1.6.2
IMP 3.1.
Apache1.3.27
Qmail 1.0.3
My phpinfo.php shows I have all needed requirements from what I have
read.
I can provide phpinfo dump or DIR listings if helpful.
Below is the output from when I try to use the test page
(http://server/imp/test.php)

IMP Version
IMP: 3.1
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.1.2
PHP Major Version: 4.1
PHP Minor Version: 2
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP IMAP Support Test
server="coulomb.kua.net" user="creeves at kua.net"
mailbox="{coulomb.kua.net:143}INBOX"
Warning: Couldn't open stream {coulomb.kua.net:143}INBOX in
/www/webmail.solivita.net/horde/imp/test.php on line 157
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/www/webmail.solivita.net/horde/imp/test.php on line 158
INBOX has messages ( new recent)
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/www/webmail.solivita.net/horde/imp/test.php on line 160

Anybody have some basic starting points for troubleshooting now that
I've go this far?
Christian

Christian Reeves
Internet Systems Administrator