[imp] can't open stream imap

Greg gsml at netops.gvtc.com
Sun Mar 9 10:54:03 PST 2003

> > When I went to go do this upgrade I noticed the php-4.2.3 upgrades from
> > horde and did those just before trying the change. Then I re-installed
> > pear-4.1.0.
> > [...]
> > php-4.2.3-0horde1
> > php-mysql-4.2.3-0horde1
> > php-ldap-4.2.3-0horde1
> > php-imap-4.2.3-0horde1
> > [...]
> > and pear4.1.0
>
> I take it by "PEAR 4.1.0" you mean the PEAR bundled with PHP 4.1.0?  Note
> that PEAR has its own numbering system, but anyway:

actually i don't remember where exactly i got the tarball but its
labeled pear-4.1.0.tgz ( i think it was a link from the Installing IMP
3.0 on RH 7.2 website), but untill i did the php upgrade it was fine.

> The Horde-custom PHP 4.2.3-0horde1 RPMs have a bundled version of PEAR
> 1.0.1 -- it's the same tarball that we make available on the Horde FTP
> site (and the Horde PEAR page), and when using it, horde/test.php gives
> you all green OK's in the PEAR section.  pear-1.0.1.tar.gz is what we are
> recommending people use as the "most current version", having some
> capabilities that Horde and the apps require.  So by installing 4.1.0 you
> were actually downgrading PEAR from what the RPM was giving you.

Well i tried removing the pear directory, then the rpms, and re-installing them.. and now i'm being told by the test.php that i'm using to old of a version of pear.  So i follow the link to the HORDE pear page and re-download the pear-1.0.1.tar.gz and diff'd & md5 chked it against the one i had and they are identical.  So i then unpackaged it and still getting the old version of pear... wtf?

And i think i'm running into the Horde 2.1/IMP3.1 issue with php4.2.3 (so if anyone knows the proper way to remove the isWarning() calls like the FAQ says to do I'l love to know how ;) heh)
--
Greg <gsml at netops.gvtc.com>