[imp] No Messages problem.

nigel kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 12 15:02:17 PST 2003

I have a problem where although everything appears to be working ok,
when a user logs in to IMP, they can't actually see any messages. I get
the "No Messages" string at the top of the screen.

I'm running Horde 3.0-cvs and IMP 4.0-cvs, both checked out yesterday,
with Courier IMAP on the same box.
I've tested this with both courier-imap-1.6.2 and
courier-imap-1.7.0.20030301 with the same result on each.
Web server is Apache 1.3.27, with php 4.3.0. Platform is Mac OS X 10.2.4

The IMP tests check out ok (as do all the other tests).
I get the right results for messages, ie:

PHP IMAP Support Test
server="localhost" user="nigel"
mailbox="{localhost:143/imap/notls}INBOX"
INBOX has 66 messages (7 new 1 recent)

So as you can see, I'm running with localhost as the server, and via
imap/notls.
I set up my initial admin account via sql authentication, and am using
application/IMP as the authentication now.

I can see my entire folder structure, it's just that they are all
empty...

I was running an older version of the CVS tree (a month or two older
perhaps?) and that worked fine. I can restore that from backups, but
would prefer to try and resolve this issue.

cheers,

Nigel Kersten

--
N i g e l   K e r s t e n |  College of Fine Arts,
[Systems Administrator]   |  Uni of NSW,Sydney,Australia.