[imp] Patch for performing action on current message

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 11 22:33:57 PST 2003

Quoting Dan Wilson <dan at acucore.com>:

> I've attached a jpg with the lastest changes... suggested by Eric.  Let me
> know what you think... I definetely like bringing down the folder listing to
> separate it from the open folder.

I like it.  But, we start the line with "Move|Copy [This message to]" which
is followed directly by "[Mark as:]"  This gives the impression that it is
one operation (move/copy it to the folder and mark it as some flag at the
same time) rather than two operations.  So we either need more space, or
moving some works outside of the second selection box.  For example, maybe
something like "Move|Copy [This message to] Mark this message as [flags]"
where "flags" could be some wording (like the "This message to") or it
could just be a listing of available flags...  Probably should be some
words to be consistent.  Maybe "Select a flag" or something?

Basically I like it.  I just think we can make the second selection box
look/read more like the first, so it is clear they are separate operations
and not related/linked.

I hope that makes sense...

> We should look into doing this with the mailbox view as well.

Not sure here.  We could arrange them to be in the same order on both
pages, that would be good.  But I'd have to see an image to know for sure
how it would layout best.

> -Dan

Thanks Dan for the excellent work so far!

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!