[imp] [horde imp] Active directory and imap

lst_hoe at kwsoft.de lst_hoe at kwsoft.de
Fri Mar 14 12:35:43 PST 2003

Zitat von Bastiaan van Haastrecht - Infotheek Networks
<B.vanHaastrecht at infotheek-networks.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if the following is posible with Horde and IMP, and I'm looking for
> a way to accomplisch this;
>
> User authentication thru LDAP to a windows 2000 Active Directory in
> combination with a mail store like IMAP on my Linux redhat (8.0). Users login
> into IMP thru their Active Directory account, and after the login they get
> their IMAP mailbox from the Linux.

Better let your IMAP Server auth against AD and your IMP will auth against your
IMAP-Server. With Cyrus you can auth against nearly everything.
Have a look at the "autocreate" feature of the IMAP server for new users.
Maybe you must do some scripting to achieve this.

Regards

Andreas