[imp] Word attachments modified when sent via imp.

Robert Sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Tue Mar 18 16:20:05 PST 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting Robert Sand <rsand at d.umn.edu>:
>

>>I reported this yesterday and have narrowed it down to either php or the
>>imp software encoding the word and excel documents incorrectly.  The
>>installation is cvs head - last week, php 4.2.2 from stock redhat 8 w/o
>>any updates.  I have also seen this with an earlier head version.  Is
>>this a problem with php 4.2.2 or with the mime encoding itself or does
>>php do the mime encoding? If anyone is able to send a word doc without
>>it getting mangled I'd like to know thier config (php,apache,imap
>>client) so I can mirror a working system.
>>

>Works fine here. PHP 4.3.0, Apache from Debian stable, c-client 2002-RC2.
>
>-chuck
>
>--
>Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
>"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
>darkness. It is not the night that kills, but the frost." - Miguel de
>Unamuno

Thanks.  Unfortunately I am unable to get php 4.3.0 working with apache
2.0.40 and horde.  All I get is segmentation faults.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.