[imp] single machine versus load balancing

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 19 14:24:37 PST 2003

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

> I had a problem with errors that indicated that a variable or object wasn't
> declared when, looking at the source, it clearly was (in an included file).

Yes.

> My theory was (and still is) this:
>
> If a page changed, phpa recompiled it. However, if a file that was
> "included/required" into another file changed, it wasn't recompiled. I never

I also saw things like this with apc and older phpa caches.  But when
I upgraded to the newest phpa (1.3.4r1 at current) these went away.  So
I think it may have been a bug which was fixed.

> wasn't
> too difficult to restart phpa from scratch (stop apache, flush the phpa
> cache,
> delete temp phpa files, and restart apache), and it seemed to fix the
> problem.

Yes, I used to have to do this, but no longer due with the newest phpa.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!