[imp] Setting up SMTP Auth Connection/Using ofmipd with IMP

John Smith random49k at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 23:32:20 PST 2003

I've been trying to figure out how to set up IMP so that I can connect to an
ofmipd daemon running on port 8025 (which also requires a username/password
for authorization), but so far have been unsuccessful.  I've searched the
archives, and came across the following solution from Eric Rostetter
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=102268413023352&w=2), but
unfortunately it hasn't worked for me (or maybe I'm doing something wrong).

So far, I've changed the following lines from horde/config/horde.php:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;
$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = '192.168.0.1';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 8025;

Now, I'm not sure if I should be adding the following lines to some config
file, and if so, which one (in the message from Eric Rostetter, he says to
modify compose.php, although for IMP 3.2.1, I don't think this is the
correct file to edit - I tried adding the following lines to
imp/message.php, but then when trying to login, I'm presented with a blank
page, so for now, I've left them out):

$conf['mailer']['params']['username'] = $imp['user'];
$conf['mailer']['params']['password'] =
Secret::read(Secret::getKey('imp'), $imp['pass']);

After I click on "Send message" from within IMP, the following entry shows
up in log from the ofmipd daemon:

Incoming connection from ('192.168.0.1', 2916)
Incoming connection to ('192.168.0.1', 8025)
Peer: ('192.168.0.1', 2916)
Data: 'EHLO localhost'
Data: 'AUTH LOGIN'

and then there's nothing else.  In the message composition window in my web
browser, it looks like it's still attempting to load, and then it eventually
times out and gives me an error saying that the page could not be loaded.

I'm using IMP 3.2.1 (final) and Horde 2.2.1 (final) on Debian 2.2.19.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know, since I'm quite
lost!  Thanks

Adam