[imp] Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Wed Mar 19 23:37:26 PST 2003

I have been beating my head against this failed upgrade for two days now.

I am running freeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and originally installed IMP etc. from
tarballs 2 years ago with help.  I decided to go on a mad update spree on
my server and updated apache, imap, postgresql, mod_php, imap, horde,
imp.  Now IMP is not working.  I had a hard enough time getting it to
compile since everything depended on everything else.
I have:
Apache/1.3.27 (with SSL)
PHP 4.3.1
PostgreSQL 7.3.2_1
imap-uw 2002
Horde 2.2.1
IMP 3.1

I was upgrading from IMP 2.2.x...

When I try to log into the imp/test.php page, I get this:

PHP IMAP Support Test

server="my.server.name" user="impy"
mailbox="{my.server.name:143}INBOX"

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream
{my.server.name:143}INBOX in /usr/local/www/horde/imp/test.php on
line 157

Warning: imap_mailboxmsginfo(): supplied argument is not a valid imap
resource in /usr/local/www/horde/imp/test.php on line 158
INBOX has messages ( new recent)
Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/test.php on line 160

Notice: (null)(): Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator
(errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

Server and user names have been edited to protect the guilty...
I scoured the archives and found a lot of references to some Cyrus imap
thing, but I'm not using that.  I have no sasldb and no /etc/imapd.conf.
Nothing.  Nothing but pain...
Please help?
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.