[imp] Re: My from messge is incorrect.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 20 15:53:35 PST 2003

Quoting Marcus Barry <marcus at sharkwave.org>:

> I would first of like to thank you for such an incredible contribution
> to the Free Software world. This is with out a doubt one of the greatest
> developments i've seen for quite a while.

Thanks.  If you are not already on the IMP mailing list, you should join it.
I'm CC'ing this to the list, in case someone there can help you.

> When I send E-mail using IMP 3.2.1 to another user that is using IMP the
> from message tends to show "TO:name_of_user at mydomain.com" instead of the
> email address of the person that  actually sent the E-mail.

It should only be showing "TO:address" if you are viewing a message that
you sent yourself.  This is standard procedure.  No point showing your
own address, so it shows the TO: instead so you know who you sent it to.
So, for example, all messages in your sent-mail folder should show up this
way.

Is that what you mean? Or are you seing the TO: format when you view your
mail from others?

> When I send
> E-mail from another E-mail program. the correct from information is show.
>
> I have the latest version of Horde and every plug-in pear has to offer.
>
> What could be the cause of this problem?

Maybe someone on the IMP mailing list can help?  Or you can try to clarify
the issue better?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics