[imp] Customizing IMP login screen

Alan W. Rateliff, II lists at rateliff.net
Thu Mar 20 17:50:57 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tenebrae" <tene_IMP at niceboots.com>
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] Customizing IMP login screen

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Martin Watson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm in the process of commissioning a new server at work, SME5.5, and
will
> > be using IMP 3.0 for webmail. I would like to customize the login
screen, to
> > include our company logo, and perhaps a shortened version of our email
> > policy. Which files would I need to edit to make the changes
system-wide, as
> > opposed to per user?
>
> I know it's possible - I did something like that with my old installation
> of IMP.  I think one of the files is motd.php.  I hope somebody who knows
> better can help you.

I think someone on this list has mentioned it before, but you can do basic
customization by editting imp/templates/login/login.inc .  I have done this
to include Horde's motd.php.  Mind you, some of my modifications to Imp and
Horde are off-the-cuff stuff, and there are probably MUCH better ways to do
them :)

Which reminds me, if anyone used my _horde_hook_username and _imp_hook_vinfo
routines, the Horde username hook can be reduced to just returning
UserID."@".$vdomain and cut out the Sendmail db search... I was right, it
*is* redundant against the Imp hook.

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 at rateliff.net
      (Office) 850/350-0260        :  (Mobile) 850/559-0100