[imp] Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Fri Mar 21 09:26:22 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Thierry Thomas wrote:

> Le Ven 21 mar 03 à 15:00:44 +0100, Tenebrae <tene_IMP at niceboots.com>
>  écrivait :
> > I finally figured that out.
> > I feel so stupid.
> > You'd THINK the freebsd port would install the files with the correct
> > permissions, but Nooooooo...
>
> The FreeBSD installs everything owned by www:www, and the Apache ports
> install http owned by www, so that should be correct. What was wrong
> with your installation?

Once again, I have to display my ignorance in public in the hopes that
some other poor fool will search the mailing list archives and solve their
problem in private.
I had to chmod 644 and 755 on the horde/imp files to get them to work.
Turns out my apache is running as nobody/nogroup.  Oh, the pain that
could have been avoided...
Thierry, you were so kind and helpful when I e-mailed you the other day
about getting the port to install.  My apologies for disparaging your
hard work.  There is nothing wrong with your freebsd ports.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.