[imp] Can't send mail after php upgrade

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sun Mar 23 21:49:51 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:
>
> > Could pear be the problem here?
>
> If using smtp to send it, then yes. If using the command line sendmail
> inteface, then less likely, but still possible.

That made sense, since sendmail was working but smtp wasn't.

> > Do I need to grab updated pear packages from somewhere?
>
> No, in theory not.  Just make sure you are using the correct ones.

Believing that PEAR was the problem, I did a fresh install (of PEAR using
go-pear). That fixed the problem. SMTP sending is now working again.

I don't know if the problem was with the PEAR packaged with the php rpms or if
it was just my setup.

Thanks for your help Eric,
Rick