[imp] REPOST: User Quotas - (im)possible scenario?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Mar 23 22:22:11 PST 2003

Quoting "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com>:

> Eric Rostetter wrote:
>
> >http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20030317/031436.html
> >
>     Seems SpamCop blocked that email...took me a while to figure out why
> I never got it.

Bad SpamCop.

>     Hrm, looks like I need to figure out some way of exporting quota
> usage to the IMP server then.

Yes.  NFS is an easy way, but probably overkill for your case, and could
lower your site security if you're not already using NFS.  I'm not sure
if you can get something like rcp.rquotad working without NFS or other
support, but you might look into that.  You could write some client/server
program yourself, if you have the skill set and so on.  Or, do some
"semi-realtime" setup like others did (a cron job that fetches all the
users' quotas remotely -- for example via ssh -- every hour, and then have
IMP parse that file).

I'm sure there are other creative ways.  But no standard way with that
particular IMAP server.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics