[imp] Re: cannot send messages using smtp

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 25 01:48:30 PST 2003

Quoting Guy <guy at de-schepper.be>:

> I did give the config in servers.php too.
>
> 	[...]
> 	I configured my smtp-server in horde's conf.php like this:
> 	[...]
> 	And in servers.php of imp, I defined the following:
> 	[...]

Yes, looking again, you indeed did.  You're right, I'm wrong, I
apologize for not being able to read.  I answered it in a hurry
and didn't full read your message I guess.

> If you need more info, please let me know what you need and I'll provide it.

Okay.  One thing is you had:

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('auth' => 'true');

which should be:

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('auth' => true);

(No quotes around the word true)

The other thing is what kind of smtp auth is supported by your smtp server?
If anything other than plain text, then you may need more configuration
(I'll leave that to someone else to help you with if needed).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!