[imp] Re: cannot send messages using smtp

Guy guy at de-schepper.be
Tue Mar 25 17:32:04 PST 2003

Guy wrote:

> Jeff Graves wrote:
>
>> Upgrade the smtp.php file of your PEAR package. You can download the
>> latest from:
>>
>> http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=90
>>
>> Jeff Graves
>> Customer Support Engineer
>> Image Source, Inc.
>> 10 Mill Street
>> Bellingham, MA 02019
>>
>> jeff at image-src.com - Email
>> 508.966.5200 X31 - Phone
>> 508.966.5170 - Fax
>>

> Can I just unpack it and rename the file Net_SMTP-1.1.2 to
> Net_SMTP-1.1.2.php ?
> I can't find information on how a PEAR package should be installed on a
> windows system.
>
> Guy

It's working now !

I renamed the Net_SMTP-1.1.2 file to Net_SMTP-1.1.2.php, opened it with metapad, copied the <?php ... ?> content to the clipboard,
created a new, empty file SMTP.php in the <php-dir>\pear\net folder and pasted the content of the clipboard into it.

Strange I had to install the new package this way (and couldn't find any working alternative on the entire net), but it works now.

Thanx for all of you who helped me with this one !

Regards,

Guy