[imp] SAM / spamassassin for filtering

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Mar 25 15:34:52 PST 2003

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> But as far as I can tell, spamassassin never gets called.  Should it get
> invoked when the filters are applied?  Does spamd need to be running?
> Can it actually filter spam as well as do the blacklist / whitelist
> stuff?

You have to set up spamassassin seperately, to use the database that you
configure in SAM. Sam is just a prefs tool for Spamassassin, essentially.

There is a sam at lists.horde.org list, btw.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of