[imp] Semicolons in addresses

Nate nmollring at cennecs.org
Fri Mar 28 09:16:37 PST 2003

> The most common error my users are encountering is that Imp allows the use of
> semicolons as seperators in mail addresses and passes them on to Sendmail,
> which rejects them with a "bad address" error.  If Imp could parse addresses
> for correct format and either return an address error or change the
> semicolons
> to commas a lot of errors would be eliminated.

IMP allows us to use the semicolons as seperators without any problems.  I'm
using IMP 3.2.1 and sendmail.  In fact, if I save a draft, then resume it, the
semicolons become comma's--I'm guessing IMP converts them.  Looking at your IMP
version, you seem to be running 3.2 so I don't know what the problem could be.
What version of PHP are you using?
Nate

Central Nebraska Community Services
http://www.welcome2cncs.com