[imp] [REPOST] customizing outgoing email

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Mar 28 08:27:44 PST 2003

On 28 Mar 2003, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:

> Hi all. Can I customize all outgoing email that is written with imp ?
>

> For example, I'd like all mail to be boxed inside a html page that
> should contain a header, footer and especial navigation !

It looks like you can add a custom footer to messages easily enough (see
imp/config/trailer.txt), but adding text at the top of a message may be
more difficult.  There is a file imp/config/header.txt, but it appears to
be only for adding message headers, not text in the body of the message.

So that probably leaves you with modifying the imp code to include the
text of a file at the top of the body of a message.  This shouldn't be too
hard, and a well-written patch may be accepted into the cvs tree.

	Andy