[imp] inbox directory

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Mar 30 16:43:21 PST 2003

Quoting Louis Halbert <lhalbert at AshburnWAP.com>:

| List,
|
| I'm new to horde/imp, but I have installed/config and been using it for
| several
| months now.
|
| I notice that when a user creates a new folder (eg. "draft"), it creates the
| new folder in the users home directory (eg. "/home/'user'/mail/draft).  Is
| there any way to have the same happen with the "inbox"?

AFAIK, directory creation is a function of your imap server.  The inbox
can be created but it will depend on your delivery agent deliver new mail.
You might want to look at maildrop or procmail.  I would also suggest that
you think about using Maildir's.  I believe that both of the above will
deliver to Maildirs.  Of course your imap server will also need to support
maildirs.  Courier and Cyrus pop into mind but there are probably others
that can be configured for maildirs.

I'm far from being an expert on this so if I've given any misleading or
wrong information, please correct me.

I hope this helps,

ed