[imp] Fw: Weblinks that go directly to messages.

Crispin Olson colson at rdemail.com
Mon Mar 31 20:24:13 PST 2003

I realised I screwed up and sent HTML mail - so here goes again in plain
text :

Folks,
I'd like to see a modification to message.php that allows me to supply a
URL that takes me directly to a message given its "indexid" - which for
an IMAP server remains unique.

IF I am already logged in and authenticated I can supply a URL which
does this - e.g.

http://mymail.mycompany.com/horde/imp/message.php?index=N

where N is the message ID. However I can't use this URL as a direct link
because the Login redirect doesn't allow it (it chops off the index
parameter), and the msgl array needs to be loaded by the mailbox routine
before the message can be displayed - message.php does not contain the
populated array if it is loaded directly from a login redirect.

Why is this useful? - well it means I can keep bookmarks of messages
that work as long as the message remains in the inbox. I guess a better
modification would be to allow the URL to message.php to also contain
folder information, so it works for other folders too, and that would
allow me to mail links to items in shared folders to other users.
Currently message.php relies on the folder that is loaded via
mailbox.php.
I'd make the mod myself, but I'm not sure enough of some of the code in
mailbox.php to be confident the change isn't going to cause some nasty
side effect.

Crispin Olson