[imp] Re: Where to After Login? -- Clarification

Mark Lucas mark at mlucas.net
Wed Apr 2 16:37:22 PST 2003

Thanks for all your help on this one, I've finally fixed it!

The problem was that I was rerouting users to hord/login.php instead of
horde/index.php to avoid the horde menu coming up at the foot of the page (which
is confusing if you only have imp and turba).

Solution:

1. Leave users to login via horde/index.php and have the horde menu
2. Reroute users to horde/imp/login.php instead of horde/login.php

All seems now to work fine.
Thanks for all your help.

    Mark

Mark Lucas
Tel: (01323) 483259
Mob: (07788) 100757
Fax: (01323) 483305

Quoting Vasilios Hoffman <vhoffman01 at wesleyan.edu>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have been monitoring this thread via the MARC archive:
>
> ******
>
> Both the suggestions below are already set. Everything was working fine
> until I upgraded to the latest releaseversion.
>
> Any more suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Mark

> is
>

> > /horde/prefs.php
> >
> > // what application should we go to after login?
> > $_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
> >     'value' => 'imp',
> >     'locked' => false,
> >     'shared' => true,
> >     'type' => 'select',
> >     'desc' => _("What application should Horde display after login?"));
> >
> > try that,
> > Nate
> >

> *****
>
> and I wanted to share what I had to do in order to make things work as I
> wanted and I believe as Mark also wants.  My configuration places /horde
> as my webroot so when you do https://address.blah/ you get the horde login
> page.  I want folks to login, and go directly to their IMP inbox (not the
> folder view, but the list of messages in their inbox) but have addressbook
> and other horde applications availible.
>
> Now, if there's a better way of doing this (including the hack I had to do
> which I'll explain in a bit) please let me know the official, proper way
> of setting this up.  Making heads or tails of the various configuration
> options is, no offense, a horrific headache :(  I like hte multitude of
> options, so I won't complain overmuch.
>
> I did the above (initial_application plus login controlled through IMP),
> plus the following:
>
> $this->applications['horde'] = array(
>     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
>     'webroot' => '/horde',
>     'initial_page' => 'imp/login.php',
>     'icon' => '/horde/graphics/home.gif',
>     'name' => _("Horde"),
>     'allow_guests' => true,
>     'status' => 'hidden',
>     'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
>     'cookie_domain' => $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'],
>     'cookie_path' => '/horde',
>     'server_name' => $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'],
>     'server_port' => $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']
> );
>
> $this->applications['logout'] = array(
>     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
>     'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'],
>     'initial_page' => 'imp/login.php?reason=logout',
>     'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] .
> '/graphics/logout.gif',
>     'name' => _("Logout"),
>     'allow_guests' => false,
>     'status' => 'notoolbar
> );
>
> the key lines being the 'initial_page' => 'imp/login.php' and
> 'initial_page' => 'imp/login.php?reason=logout'.  this allowed me to go
> login at that horde application page, and get shot to the imp login page
> which shoots me off to the inbox.  seemed to work.

> [...]

        St John's Church, Polegate - Making Disciples of Jesus Christ

This email is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential.
If you are not the addressee please delete the message from your computer.

St John's Church accepts no liability for changes made to this email (and any
attachments) after it was sent, or for viruses arising as a result of this
email transmission.

Any unauthorised reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email message is strictly prohibited.