[imp] webmail login help

Ivan Romero ivan at lcii.net
Tue Apr 8 18:23:46 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I've been given the job of setting up a IMP login screen on our website that will redirect to the mail server to authenticate. I have the ability to do alot of internet tasks however webmastering is not one of them. I've studied a little HTML and PHP (read manuals ect). Our admin has set-up IMP on a server and we can browse to it and login. The problem is that we need a login box on our site that works, mine don't! I would more than happy to send the links to someone that could help in telling me what part of the script I have messed up. What happens is that after you try to login it opens up a page from IMP stating " Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was entered incorrectly." I do know that the username and password are indeed correct because... well.... i'm not stupid. Anyway I re-type it in ON THAT LOGIN SCREEN and it goes through. I know it has something to do with my script but I can't figure it out. I don't know much about IMP or Horde (in fact I had never seen it before last week) and I really don't even know how much support I can get.

Hopefully someone can give me some help with this "half-way working" website.

Thanks Everyone,

Ivan