[imp] Found a small hitch

SPAM catcher trash at thecolinas.net
Thu Apr 10 10:17:37 PDT 2003

Two problems were encountered as I install IMP:

-	POP3:
	Get the header etc., but not the message displayed, but _can_ view it
as
	"source" from the IMP-Interface

-	IMAP:
	I do not have the time to fully delve into this issue, but this is the
	outline:

UW-IMAP2002 delivers (telnet session to localhost, conforming to
RFC2060)

bash-2.05a$ telnet <hostname> 143
Trying <IPADDR>...
Connected to <hostname>.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN]
<hostname> IMAP4rev1 2002.325 at Wed, 2 Apr 2003 01:18:36 +0200 (CEST)
0000 login <user> <pass>
0000 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 IDLE NAMESPACE MAILBOX-REFERRALS SCAN
SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND] User <user>
authenticated
0001 select INBOX
* 570 EXISTS
* 1 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1040108236] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 2511] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS ($MDNSent $Label4 $Label1 $Label2 $Label3 $Label5 $Forwarded
$Label7 Junk NotJunk JunkRecorded Forwarded Redirected \Answered
\Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ($MDNSent $Label4 $Label1 $Label2 $Label3 $Label5
$Forwarded $Label7 Junk NotJunk JunkRecorded Forwarded Redirected \*
\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)] Permanent flags
* OK [UNSEEN 566] first unseen message in /var/spool/mail/<spoolfile>
0001 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
0002 LOGOUT

Here is what IMP's test.php shows me on the same host:

server="localhost" user="<user>" mailbox="{localhost:143/imap}INBOX"
INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 1040108236 recent)

....SO... it seems to me that some positional information is being
used instead of correctly parsing the whole output.

I'll gladly stand corrected if this isn't the case, but this is my
first impression of this issue.

Can somebody point me to a potential solution ?

Has this problem been encountered before (I've correctly linked the
c-client, etc. to php, a small scriptlet written as proof-of-concept
shows correct results. But I'm not infallible.)

Help appreciated,

Curtis