[imp] Blank attachment page

Stacy J. Dunkle sdunkle at pennswoods.net
Thu Apr 10 13:29:50 PDT 2003

Hey all,

 The system I am in charge of was previously running Horde 2.1, IMP 3.1, and PHP
4.2.2. There were some issues with occasional httpd segfaults that we found to be
caused by PHP. They would eventually accumulate until the server would come to a
crawl, until Apache was restarted.

 To remedy that, I upgraded PHP to 4.3.1. I then had to make adjustments in the
php.ini file, as some of the  IMP pages would give PHP warnings.

 The segfault problem was fixed, but to insure better compatibility with the newer
PHP, I had decided to upgrade IMP to the latest, 3.2.1. It seemed to work fine, but
eventually a problem was discovered.

 Whenever a user tries to view a message in their inbox that contains a graphical
attachment (JPG, GIF, etc.), all they get is a completely blank page.

 I could find nothing in the prefs and conf files that looked like it would be related to
this. I also had no luck searching on Google for information regarding this problem,
so I'm turning to this mailing list.

 In the meantime, I have reverted back to IMP 3.1 for the "production" installation.

 So, does anyone have any idea what would be causing this, and how to fix it?

For the record, the system now is: Horde 2.1, IMP 3.2.1, and PHP 4.3.1.

Thanks!
Stace
--
Stacy J. Dunkle