[imp] IMP and Postgres

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 10 17:29:49 PDT 2003

Quoting "Stacy J. Dunkle" <sdunkle at pennswoods.net>:

> A fatal error has occurred:
> DB Error: connect failed
> [line 108 of /usr/local/apache/htdocs/hordetest/lib/Prefs/sql.php]
> Details have been logged for the administrator.

Check your log files for the details promised.

>  Here is the setup section for it in horde.php:
>
> $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
>
> // Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
> // database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
> $conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
>
> // This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
> // The SQL script to setup the preference database is placed in
> // horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql.
> $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'pass';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

This is all covered pretty well in the mailing list archives.  Most likely
it can't connect to the db.

You need to find out if your database uses tcp/ip socket connections, or unix
sockets.  Then configure the above prefs array correctly for that case.  You
may also need to check database permissions (can it connect from the needed
IP address is tcp/ip connections, is the username/password right, etc).

I'd give a more complete answer if I had time, but rest assured there are
more complete answers in the archives.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics