[imp] imap/notls

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 11 11:50:24 PDT 2003

Quoting David Flood <dpf at comp.rgu.ac.uk>:

> Also how secure is the imap/notls protocol as this works for me but
> imap/ssl/novalidate-cert does not?

imap/notls is regular plaintext IMAP over port 143.

> While I'm at it what's the obvious reason for this not working?

You didn't tell us enough for anything to be obvious.

> I've got an old imp working here that was installed by the last guy, it
> uses the old config system that comprises mainly of the defaults.php3.
> What file in the old set of config files contains the data that's found in
> servers.php in the new config (imparticular what protocol it is
> using)?

If I follow you correctly, you may need to look either at $defaults->server
entries in defaults.php3, or at entries in servers.php3.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of