[imp] Re: Corrupted attachment and others

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Apr 11 09:21:10 PDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Lextor Tan wrote:

> Solution anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lextor Tan
>
> "Lextor Tan" <lextan at empire-network.net> wrote in message
> news:b73mlq$sh6$1 at main.gmane.org...
> > Hi
> >
> > We have Horde 2.2.1 final, IMP 3.2.1 final, Qmail, courier-imap 1.7.1 and
> > Vpopmail  installed.
> >
> > When we attach files like, *.jpg, *.zip or *.xls it gets corrupted
> > (increased size).
> > No problem with *.txt though.

Are you sure they are getting corrupted and not just base64 encoded?  If
you look at the raw message text for a message with binary files
mime-attached to it, you'll see a header about Content-type-encoding:
base64.  Base64 encoding does increase the size of the attachment.  Any
mime-capable mail program (including IMP) will be able to decode the
base64 back into it's original state.

	Andy